Find out about the process of adopting, buying, vaccination and moving your pet
Dubai – The smallest of details matter for a pet owner, especially when they are moving to a new country. Whether you want to bring your pet in with you when you move to the UAE or want to welcome a furry family member into your new home, this is all you need to know about the country’s laws and culture.
I am moving to the UAE and want to bring my pet with me
If you want to bring your cat or dog into the UAE, you will need an import permit from the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCAE).
Individuals can apply for the permit online here.
Charges: Dh500 for request a permit to import (horses-cats-dogs) per head.
You will need the following documents:
- A copy of animal’s poassport of animal and immunizations certificate
For Permission to Release:
- Original book of vaccinations
- Original import permit or Re-Entry card for pets
- Original authenticated health certificate from an official, approved body
- Customs declaration or bill of lading
- Original report for blood test for Rabies (from requested countries according to governing decision).
The import permit is valid for 30 days.
Some pets may also need rabies test certificates. While there is no quarantine in the UAE, there are some breed of dogs that are banned in the UAE. These include: